Supporting the U-M Science Olympiad
The U-M Science Olympiad aims to bring a challenging, exciting, and motivating event to students in Michigan and the rest of the nation. Our first year brought 750 students from 28 high schools in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. We are grateful to the organizations and University departments whose goals aligned with ours and supported us with over $15,000!
Benefits of donating to umso
- Tax-deductible through our 501(c)(3) status
- Supporting the cost of bringing hundreds of our brightest minds together.
- Logo featured on event-day posters, pamphlets, and t-shirts!
How to donate
I. Donating as a private entity
1. Send the donation with the following routing information
Bank Name: Bank of America
Bank Address/Account Address: 2600 West Big Beaver Road, Troy, Michigan 48084
Account Number: 5401125777
Account Name: The Regents of the University of Michigan EFT Depository Account
071-000-039 (For domestic ACH use only)
026-009-593 (For wires received from a domestic bank)
BOFAUS3N (Swift Code – for wires received from a foreign bank)
2. Apply tax deductions through 501(c)(3) status
As an SSO, the U-M Science Olympiad has 501(c)(3) status through our sponsoring department. Linked is a signed statement on our non-profit status.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following
- Subject: DONATION FROM: _______ (required)
- Amount of transfer (required)
- Date it was transferred (required)
- Name of company / entity donating (required)
- Company branding (optional)
- A note, comment, or recommendation (optional)
II. Donating as a University Department / Organization
1. Funds go through the U-M SOAS with the following information
Project Grant: U058177
2. Email email@example.com with the following (optional)
- Name of department / organization
- Amount donated
- High-resolution department / organization logo